Sunday, March 2, 2008

New rubba

Ok so I've been totally SPOILED this weekend. I just got SIX brand new sets of rubba AND TWO retired sets. PLUS I have THREE more wheels now!!!

I've been wanting to order Lovely as a Tree since FOREVER but always keep bumping it down the list for something more affordable or just for paper and new "In Colors". So I finally broke down and got this set and Curvy Verses as well. LOL now I just hope they don't retire these in June!!!!


Anyhooo so I played with my new rubba after I mounted them all and made this fast and fun little card. I cuttle bugged the background for some texture and then just stamped my image in Stazon black and colored over top with chalks and a sponge dauber. The ribbon is retired and fitted JUST right with the sky color so I stapled 3 of them on the side after mounting the white on Basic black cardstock. I had fun making this card.


For my next card I used some images I got in the WRAK forum over on SCS. I love love love the retired set "Sassy Stems" and asked for some of the flowers in the vases. Out came the 2006/7 retired catty and I CASED one of the samples in there for this image. I wasn't TOO pleased with how it turned out, the catty's sample was a much darker Paisly BG but oh well. LOL and this was done upstairs last night as I was watching a movie, lol I carried about a 1/3 of my stamp room upstairs to play and then had to carry it all back downstairs again when I was done!!!


For this last card I used another retired set called Fun with Shapes. I saw a card in the gallery on SCS a long time ago and liked it so much that I just HAD to have this set. Luckily my SU demo had it in her retired stash and I scooped it up!!!! Hence the retired set. BUT I did play with my brand spanking new River Rock and it's GORGES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is a wonderful color and I think I like this Color combo that was Tuesdays challenge.

So hope you have a blessed Sunday and enjoy some stamping time.

HugS
Sandra

No comments: