Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Couple of new cards

Hi everyone. Man been a bit hectic the last couple of days so I apologize for not posting sooner. I don't have very much to share today - in fact only 2 cards - but I hope they inspire you to make something new as well.

This first card was made with a chocolate chip mini card and I used it on top of a regular sized card *4 1/4 x 5 1/2*. Inside of the little card is a Ghirardelli chocolate sqaure and it fits very nicely. It's held down with a mini gluedot.

I was blurfing that day and found a neat tut on useing your edge punch to make a scallop square or rectangle and used the technique to make the large brown scallop sqaure in chocolate chip cardstock.


Here's a picture of the card with the mini part open, showing the chocolate inside.

I used the new set Dreams de Jour for the image on the outside focal point. LOVE this new set of mine. I aslo used a new wheel for the Baja breeze background.


It's fun to play with all kinds of new goodies and seeing as the occasions mini has some new transaprencies with white images on them I tried my own with white stazon and an overhead transarency.

I love the swirl from the Baroque motifs set and used that as well as a saying from the set on the outside part of the card. The background band was rolled with yet another new wheel I bought and I have to say it's very nice to use.

Well that's it for today. Hope you all enjoyed some of the things I've shared today.

See you all again soon.

Sandra

No comments: